Friday, December 16, 2005

i'm takin' what they're givin' cuz i'm workin' for a livin'

-huey lewis and the news

today was evaluation day. i was actually kinda worried that the dork might take points off of mine since i give him such a hard time. turns out, he doesn't care so much. or at least, he doesn't let it affect work stuff.

i'm meeting all expectations, occasionally exceeding in a few. go me! he actually put some nice comments and congratulated me on not letting my "torrets" loose when dealing with a customer/client. he says i use time productively... if he only knew... and demonstrate effective use of technical support to expedite work stoppages.

so i say to him that since i'm meeting and exceeding, where's that raise? cuz, uh... we just bought a house yesterday and all. he says my good evaluation makes me "eligible" for one but that doesn't necessarily mean i'll get one. WTH? if it's not in the budget for raises, then we don't get them. and even if we do, it's some crappy ass 1.7% or something idiotic like that. frikkin' state jobs. BUT, it's my choice to work here so i can't be that much of a hard ass.

___________________________

on another note, the closing went smoothly. we spent about an hour in the house afterwards. we also took more pictures and video so i'll be posting those soon.

on yet another note, shaggy had his christmas program yesterday. poor baby was sick but he still wanted to go. i'll have pictures and video of that, too.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I hate to be the spelling Nazi - but I think you meant "Tourette's"

Sweet T said...

sure...hit me when i'm down. i already confessed about my spelling. it's coming with age, dammit! or rather, it's "going away" with age.