Tuesday, August 29, 2006

if i could turn back time

sing it with me! don't act like you don't know the words!

yesterday, i asked my mom for some old photos of myself. she has photos of the four kids, stacked away in envelopes (envelopes that she won't give us yet or do anything with them herself, but to keep them in an envelope). there's an envelope for me, one for S1, one for S2 and one for psycho brother. at one time, i wanted to scan all of them so she let me take them. solely for the fact that i would have all of the pictures on my pc and could blackmail anyone one of them, at any given time, if i chose to. (note: i have since returned them because i didn't have time to scan them all at that time and she asked for them back. why, you ask? so she could put them back in their enveloped place.)

looking through the pictures last nite, i was cracking up! can you say "ugly duckling phase"??? yeah, that was me. i was cute in my early years, say until about 4. then something happened where my teeth took over my face and i think i started getting home hair cuts. i did not blossom again until my sophomore year in high school. how i EVER managed to have a boyfriend in that time frame is beyond me. but i did. i have proof in pictures!

S1, however, was a very pretty child and she kept it up through school. she didn't have "the teeth" or the chili bowl haircut. she was always pretty stylish, except for that one time when my dad let us dress ourselves for school and she left the house with a polka dot shirt and striped pants! (GASP! what would the neighbors think???)

here's one of the pictures i pulled out, of many. i thot it was so damn cute. not of me, of course, but of S1. check out those chubby chipmunk cheeks of hers! pay no mind to the home haircut of my own that makes me look like a boy!

S1, my daddy and me

4 comments:

Steph said...

I Must. Have. That. Couch.

Sweet T said...

don't hate cuz sylvia was stylin! lol

Steph said...

NOT HATING! I seriously must have that freaking couch!

Sweet T said...

okay... now you're just scaring me! LOL