Wednesday, June 29, 2005

stop the insanity


the all-consuming televison

hi. my name is sweet t and i'm a tv whore. i didn't know it until it was pointed out to me the other nite. yes, one of the very few nites i managed to pull my lazy ass off the sofa long enough to have human contact outside of my home. well, maybe i did know it. i was just in denial. i watch way too much tv! and it's not even good shows! or full complete shows. i'm a surfer. i go from show to show, catching reruns or bits of pieces of the shows i only saw bits and pieces of before.

i went walking with my friend the other nite and we were talking about shows we were watching. "when did you start watching so much tv?", she asked. i thot about this for a bit and then she says, "you never used to be home long enough to watch anything". true. i used to have a pretty active social life. but, seeing as i live an hour away from most of my friends and the gas prices are outrageous, i see them a lot less.

handyman says he's seen this in me but didn't say anything. his point wasn't that i watched so much tv but more that i watched, in his opinion, 'crap tv'. i have to say that i am a faithful viewer of rachael ray, tho she's getting weak lately, and another show that's on the WB. after that, it's surfing. i surf so much i get interested in two or three different shows and don't even have time to watch the movies i have. this is going to stop! it has to.

starting today, i will NOT turn the tv on when i get home...sorry oprah. besides, she had soap actors on today. not interested. i think i'll turn the jukebox on instead. line up some tunes to clean my bedroom to. trust me, it needs it. later, i'll go walk with my friend and tell her i'm no longer a slave to the tv. well, at least for today. baby steps, people.

wish me luck

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Just cuz you watch all the episodes of CSI (Miami, Vegas, & NYC) does NOT make one a tv junkie. You are actually LEARNING about crime scene investigation techniques. You don't have to watch PBS to be educated.