Monday, February 06, 2006

weekend update/recap

friday - went to a mardi gras happy hour w/ $10 all you can drink margaritas. bad idea. i was completely wasted and utterly useless the whole next day. i had fun at the happy hour, tho. i got a lot of congrats and good luck on our engagement. it was fun talking about the plans and hearing all the "married people" stories. it was a fun time just talking to everyone. it could have just been the alcohol but it was still fun. we laughed our asses off most of the nite.

saturday - not a good start. S2 woke me up with a phone call, pretty early. she was making g sure i was coming over to see my dad. my hungover ass went back to sleep. woke up again around 1 and got in the tub. i let the hot water just run over me until it ran out. went back to bed.

around 2:00, after a call from S1, i got back up and started moving around (seriously, can they not entertain our dad without me???). i took a real shower and got out the door around 3:00. and let me gripe for a second... what the hell is it with mexican restaurants closing at 2:00 on the weekend??? do people not eat mexican food after 3:00??? i know I do! and i could have used some greasy-cheesy when i finally got out! the place i did find was not as good as anything i've had anywhere else. ick. i got to S2's and was not as entertaining as everyone had hoped for, i'm sure.

later that evening, we met HM for dinner. i had a bloody mary to try and bring me out of my funk, but it didn't work. the stepmonster said she had never seen me so bad off. i don't get drunk alot. i gotta say, i probably won't be getting drunk again any time soon.

sunday - woke up to bacon and pancakes. seriously, what did i do to deserve this man?!?!?? after breakfast, we went to look for furniture. both of us have pretty mis-matched bedroom furniture so we want a new bed and furniture to match. we hit about five different stores and got a few ideas about what we like. after that, i treated my man to dinner and we called it an early nite.

i wish i would have been in a better place saturday. it's not like i get to see my dad and the stepmonster every day. i did make my dad cry, tho. i finally asked if he would do me the honor of walking me down the aisle (with a keepsake card he'll keep near his heart forever). i always assumed he knew he would, but as with a past wedding in the family he didn't want to ruffle feathers. he said yes. i can't wait.

good nite and have a pleasant tomorrow.

p.s. the princess made the first basket (2 points) at her basketball game this weekend!

No comments: