Tuesday, September 20, 2005

just call my name....and i'll be there

that's my addie. she called me yesterday and told me that HM and i are more than welcome to come to austin, to get away from hurricane bitch.

what she didn't know is that i have two sisters, two nieces, two nephews and a dog that have no where to go. my sister thot she would go to austin and get a room there. what she didn't know is, ACL is this weekend. all rooms are booked!

i was all for staying in houston but now that it's supposed to get up to category 4, i'm thinking i'm gonna go. HM has to stay because of his store. they've been pretty busy today and no doubt will be throughout the storm and immediately afterward.

we're on voluntary evacuation until 6pm tomorrow. after 6pm, freeways will be closed off and you will be forced to go all the way to your "evacuation point". yeah... i wanna go to frikkin' huntsville...? NOT.

i'm packing up now. i've got everything off the walls and covered on the couch. i've got my laptop in hand (obviously), my cell in my bag, my mp3 in my pocket and the guitar by the door (i really need a guitar case). i think i'm gonna take Buddy Christ just for added security. oh yeah, and my St. Christopher necklace (patron of safe travels). yes, i remember that from my catholic upbringing. no, i don't use it just in a time of crisis.

so my sisters, nieces, nephews and dog will be at HM's tomorrow afternoon and we'll take off then. i'll call you when we leave, addie. safe travels to anyone else having to evacuate. if you're planning to ride it out... you're just a dumbass.

No comments: