Thursday, September 15, 2005

conversations with an eight year old

so we all know that HM and i don't exactly live very close to each other. that being said, we've decided to meet in the middle. it's not exactly making everyone happy.

the princess called me this weekend to congratulate me. here's how the conversation went:

*lots of talk beforehand with the congrats and having an uncle handyman

princess: when are you getting married?

me: i don't know yet. we have to find a place to live first.

princess: are you gonna live in texas city?

me: noooo (trying to be gentle here), i think we're moving to clear lake.

princess: is that closer to me?

me: noooo (still trying to be gentle).

princess: there's lots of houses in texas city!

me: yeah, but... we have to live in the middle.

princess: why can't you live in texas city?

me: well, sweetheart, that's too far for HM to drive to work.

princess: doesn't he own his work?

me: yes.

princess: why can't he own it in texas city?

me: *speechless* well... i'll let you ask him that next time you see him.

baby, be prepared. she ain't lettin' up.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I love it that The Princess makes you speechless. She's, like, the only one!