Friday, July 29, 2005

"it's daddy, you shithead! where's my bourbon?"

- frank booth, blue velvet

i was reminded of this when i got a call from my dad last nite... a little bit after 10:00. dad just flew in last nite and apparently still on "chicago law" when he got here.

dad: where's an open liquor store?

me: uh...in chicago.

dad: whaaaat? (giggling)

me: you're in texas. all liquor stores close at 9:00 here. the only place you're gonna get a drink is in a bar.

dad: maaaann, you can get liquor until 12:00 in chicago. (laughing the whole time)

did i not just tell the man he's not in chicago anymore? i told him i had a full bottle of crown at my place and he was welcome to it. apparently, he wasn't that thirsty.
____________________________________________________

dad's down for his 40th class reunion! damn, he's old *kidding*. he and the stepmonster flew down for the reunion, but they're going to my sister's today so we can hang out for a while. i haven't seen him for a few months. last time he was here he took me and the siblings out to dinner and the next week my brother went psycho on me. let's see what happens this time. Wild & Crazy

No comments: