Monday, August 15, 2005

weekend update\recap

friday - hung out at the casa, playing on the laptop, until about 8:30. went to pick up my princess and her friend from a party, took them to eat then went to my sisters. i was spending the night because i figured she might need help for the princess' birthday party the next morning. she did.
stayed up for a while and watched a few episodes of robot chicken with booger. we were crackin' up! we don't do much together anymore. he's 13 now and it's not so cool to hang out with his aunt anymore. okay, i know i never changed your diapers, but who took your butt to the library every week? and who took you out to eat every week? and who introduced you to chinese food? and crab claws? uh... me. show some love.

saturday - got up early (for a saturday). me and booger went to pick up the cake. we had my sister's ATM card. that boy is so good. i told him we had the card and if he wanted something he better get it now. he wouldn't bite. i, on the other hand, picked up some sunscreen. hey, i fed her kid last nite, she can buy me a $3 tube of sunscreen. not only is he a good kid and wouldn't get anything but she asked me to get extra money when i checked out. he immediately asked me what i got the extra cash for. narc.
proceeded to the party. of course, after the stop at shipley's for kolaches. it was damn hot out there! it was a swimming party. of course, i forgot my bathing suit. of course, i won't even wear shorts because my legs look awful right now. what the hell makes you think i'm gonna put on a bathing suit in front of about 30+ people when i won't even wear shorts in front of them????

saturday evening - handyman took me to CENTRAL MARKET. the mecca of grocery stores. i was in total awe. i was a central market virgin. no more, my friend. we spent a good part of 2 hours going thru the store and checking out various salsas and beers and nuts and coffees... i got these amaretto covered pecans. YUM! i wasn't on the next aisle yet before i tasted them i knew i had to go back for more. needless to say, i spent about $11 on amaretto covered pecans. they will last me a while, tho.
we wounded down the evening at king biscuit. i was so intrigued by this loud mouth tiny girl with a big ass. she was completely going off on this man, right in front of his wife. she went on and on about "i feel sorry for you having such little self worth" and "that's too bad for you" and "oh, i'm sure you're wife will believe that". it was awful. and apparently, it was all only because he didn't want to listen to her rant about the traffic and construction on I-45. what a waste. can you say, "issues"?

sunday morning - watched fantastic 4. i thot it was alright. HM thot it pretty much blew. i wanted to see it just cuz me and my sister used to have a thing for 'the thing' and all his orange glory.

sunday evening - went to have dinner with mamalane, papatom, and granna. it was granna's birthday last week so we had dinner for her. it was not just any dinner, tho. we went to Kirby's steakhouse in the woodlands. double YUM! that place is sooo good! everybody got steaks, except for me. i got fish. we also had 4 desserts that were passed around the table.... and you wonder why i don't wear shorts... anyway, it was good.
we also dropped sadie off at the mechanics. i think my baby girl is finally gonna get some a/c back in her. we'll see. handyman's already fixed her windshield and got new plastic for the back and side windows. she looks brand new again!

so that was my weekend. good nite and have a pleasant tomorrow.

p.s. there are no pictures because they're all on the laptop. i'm at work right now and all of our servers have crashed and i can't do my work. this was just something to keep me busy. i'll post pics later tonite.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I TOTALLY need to take you to Central Market in Austin. If I could afford it, I'd be there every day. But where in the hell would I buy toilet paper?

Oh yeah, and you need to remind booger who took him to see all the animated movies, like Disney's Fantasia? Just so we could see them too. It was a great excuse having a young kid to take to see the movies so we could watch Toy Story.