Wednesday, August 17, 2005

keep your eyes on the road...

and off of stUpid bumper stickers. as my friend, addie, started the bumper sticker bandwagon, i thot i'd jump on. on the way home last nite, i'm talking to handyman on the cell and i see this truck in front of me with about four or five different bumper stickers about, "my child is a *insert school here* star" and "my child is an honor student".

while handyman IS on crack thinking i'm going to be driving a mini-van if and when we ever have kids.... i'm thinking this crap is not going on my car. so i start to tell him about it.

me: ugh... stUpid bumper stickers.

HM: what bumper stickers?

me: the ones with the "my child this and that" crap.

HM: oh.

me: baby... when we have kids and they're in school....

literally, i was mid-sentence when we both started cracking up. he knew where i was going with this. knowing i didn't want stUpid bumper stickers on my car about my child being a "star" OR an "honor student".

WHO THE HELL ARE WE KIDDING!?!?!? HM and i both suck at math. he can't spell. i'm losing my ability to spell (i think it's age). and i think he may be a little dyslexic, too. our kids will be lucky to have a C average and get out of high school by 20! yeah, they'll be smart kindergartners... cuz they'll be FRIKKIN.SEVEN.YEARS.OLD by the time they pass!

to handyman: you know i love you and this was not a slam on you in any way. i'm taking fault here, too. ask ronnie, i sucked in school.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

What probably will happen is that your kid will be a child genius prodigy who realizes his parents (and their friends!) are STUPID. And the kid graduates early from high school at age 12. And then proceeds to earn a couple more degrees by age 20. It's fate. Kismet. What goes around, comes around when YOU get to help with algebra homework.