Tuesday, January 06, 2009

look what i can do!

so this morning, i'm on the road and the radio is talking about Peter Cetera coming into town, singing all Chicago songs.

they had a contest. they played parts of four different Chicago songs and you had to name them, in order, to get the tickets. i was caller three. bummed. call back.

dj: hello can you name the songs

me: CAN I?!?!?!?

dj: go ahead

me: shit! ooh, sorry. shoot! i'm going blank. i can't hear them now.

dj: here they are again. (but not really cuz i still couldn't hear them)

me: ACK! uh.. "Feeling something". i wanna say "Feeling That Way" but that's wrong.

dj: it's "Feeling Stronger". i'm gonna go ahead and give that one to you.

me: thanks. okay, next was "Baby, What A Big Surprise". then, "Old Days"

dj: yeah

me: then... OH! i CAN'T hear it.

dj: act surprised when i say it

me: huh?

dj: "Searchin.....

me: "SEARCHING FOR SO LONG"!! "SEARCHING FOR SO LONG"!!

dj: yeah, you got it!

other dj: that was hard.

dj: say a really loud clear thank you... NOW

me: THANK! YOU!

of course the shit got bleeped out but they were laughing at that.. and they left out the "act surprised" portion of it all, but i still got the tickets! i'm going to pick them up at lunch today.

it's Peter Cetera doing all the Chicago songs! yay! i'm so ghey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny Story!