Monday, March 05, 2007

weekend update/recap

friday - what the hell did i do? oh right... we did a few things around the yard and then i took my honey out to dinner. slow nite.

saturday - got up and gave my baby boy a bath for his road trip. met up with Ryan B for lunch at Dry Creek. YUM burgers!! we even ran into Brad & Dana of the WUS's. it was good to see them and catch up and let Brad go on about his gay square-headlight jeep. ick

afterwards, we made the drive to Conroe to see Mamalane & Papatom and Granna. Mamalane made the best dinner! i love that she finds new recipes every time she cooks for us. and it's always so good. another good thing is that Granna is finally taking to me. i always thot that she was indifferent towards me and never really remembers me when she sees me again. i've really wanted to get with her about how to make her peach cobbler (because that's all HM ever talks about whenever i make my own). she told me that she hasn't made it for about 3 or 4 years. peaches haven't been good enough. bad winters.

we did, however, talk about the crust she had on her pecan pie. man, that's good stuff! i told her that i couldn't get my crust like that and she OFFERED her crust recipe to me! i couldn't believe it. i couldn't believe she was actually offering her pie crust recipe to me. that's, like, sacred stuff. Mamalane says she has the recipe, but it never turns out the same. i bet she left something out of it. KIDDING! anyhoo, we took Granna home and walked the house. i wanted to ask her for the recipe while we were there, but i figured she had forgotten, so i didn't push it. not so.

today, Granna called HM and was just over herself that she forgot to give me the recipe while i was there. she likes me... she REALLY likes me! =) i'll have to compare the recipe with Mamalane's and see if we got the same one. ;o)

sunday - made a trip to Target and got a few things for Mamalane's new laptop. new flash drive and wireless keyboard/mouse. got a few things set up for her and then made our way back home. i think Ringo Dog was ready to come home more than anyone. poor baby didn't know what to do with himself, without his bubba's.

that was about it. we really enjoyed our weekend with the family. it definitely needs to happen more often. until next time, i'm sweet t and you're not.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You NEED to make the peach cobbler. Bad winters/no peaches or not.