Tuesday, April 25, 2006

weekend update/recap

sorry i'm late, peeps. to tell you about my weekend... not a damn thing happened!

to start with, when i woke up saturday, i had a crick in my neck from sleeping on a hard pillow, i was guessing. i got up and went to the gym anyway. i was late for my kwando class so decided to get on the treadmill for a while. crick still there. then, i got on another machine for a while and decided to go home. i didn't do my full hour of cardio... maybe about 40 minutes or so. plus, i was tired as hell! ...no more happy hour on friday! i was home by 8:30 but passed out soon after.

saturday, after the gym, my "crick" grew into a massive back strain. the whole upper left side of my back/shoulder/neck was frozen! i felt like dogshit because HM and i had planned to clean the garage out this weekend. i couldn't do anything. i couldn't even lift my arm over my head. so, he did alot himself. seriously... today, it still hurts to YAWN! he really thot i was faking it until i asked him to get me something and he smarted off so i called him an a-hole. he knew i wasn't joking, then. he apologized later. i just apologized to him, today.


elias, a friend of HM's, came over saturday just to hang out. billy & lil' bit stopped by to change clothes and get ready for a wedding. thank god for lil' bit. she gave me two vicodin to get thru the nite. if it wasn't for her, i would have never got out of bed saturday.

we ventured out saturday nite (that vicodin really works). we went to a little hole-in-the-wall down the road we've been wanting to check out. very nice. miss mary was very kind to us and told us stories of the fishing and the boats and the jet ski's. it's a place we will go back to.. plus, they had $1.50 beers!! how could you NOT go back to a place with $1.50 beers?!?!?? addie, i'll take you when you come to visit. it's one of those places you would expect me to take you to but you would never go on your own.

sunday, it was more back pain and heating pad. HM even rubbed some ben-gay(ish) type stuff on me. it all helped, but not enough to give myself a shower and get to work on monday.

today, i'm better. i still can't look up or look to my left, but i'm not in serious pain anymore. i missed the gym yesterday and i won't be going today either. i'm going to see if HM wants to take the boys for a walk tonite so at least i'll feel like i'm doing something. i ate pretty bad this weekend, so every little bit will help. speaking of lil' bits... she needs to give me some more of that vicodin!

good nite! i'm Sweet T and you're not.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

You SO need to take me there. $1.50 beers? I might even pay! :)

Sweet T said...

just like the good ol' days! only without P-Rick, the "dock" side, and marvin gaye to end the nite. =)

tho, they do have a jukebox. maybe we can get 1 outta 3.

Steph said...

Does the "hole in the wall" have a name? ..used to be my neck of the woods, remember? I have this one place in mind but can't think of the name....

Sweet T said...

bill & marie's shut down. was that the one you were thinking of?

Steph said...

Hmm.. There was this ice house/dive bar/burger joint on 2094 - past South Shore Harbor, almost to 146, on the left if you're heading east. If I recall.. had green trim on a ramshackle little wooden structure. OMG - the BEST hamburgers on the planet (I always got mushroom swiss) and $1.50 longnecks. No A/C, a room big enough to hold one pool table, walkup counter service. At times the building looked like it was leaning.. it was OLD. It used to be the only thing around, but I haven't been down that way in a very long time and have heard it's all paved over with development..:(

Sweet T said...

SOUTH SHORE BEER GARDENS!! they DO have good burgers!!

yeah, that's on 2094. cecil's (that is the name) is on red bluff... and a tad more rustic???

Steph said...

OMG - I'm SO GLAD that place is still there! Yeah - I knew when you said Red Bluff that wasn't it. And for peet's sake I canNOT imagine any place more *rustic* that SSBG!