Wednesday, April 05, 2006

life or something like it

it would appear, now, that i have no life. how in the HELL do people have jobs, go to the gym, make dinner, AND have KIDS!?!?!? i don't even HAVE the kids yet and i feel like i can't do it.

here's what the schedule looks like:

6:00am - wake up
6:45-7:00am - leave house (if i leave any later than 6:55, i'm totally screwed with traffic)
7:45am - get to work
work work work work work
4:00-4:30pm - leave work
5:00pm - get to gym
6:30-6:45pm - attempt to leave gym
7:00pm - get home
7:05-7:30 - feed dogs and start dinner
7:30-8:00pm - dinner
10:00pm - bedtime

after dinner, it could be a variety of things. anything from laundry to loading/unloading the dishwasher to getting all my food and clothes together for the next day. it seems like i have no time for anything else. this is the cycle. it's a far cry from getting home at 4:30, watching the end of oprah and taking a nap because you're bored with her. now... there is no oprah and there is no nap. and you'll notice there is NO LAPTOP TIME?!?!?! WHAT THE???

i know i'm doing all this for a good cause and when i reach my goal i may scale down my days at the gym. we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. i think, as soon as i streamline the "getting my food together" process, it'll take no time at all to prepare and i may have an extra 20 minutes to take the boys for a walk or play on the laptop. but for now? it ain't happenin'.

so note to all my kiddies out there: i will be at your games again, one day, in the not so distant future. but for now, it's all about the weekends with you folks. and only after my 9:00am kwando class!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I have kids (okay.. so one is 35 years old, but still..) and I'll tell you "how" I do it: I don't! (Gym? What's a gym?) Seriously - you somehow find a way - you'll die if you don't.

I could go on and on about the ways I've managed to eek out time for myself between a downtown commute and a 2 year old, but first I have to get over the fact that you've made TWO references to having children in the past two consecutive posts...

*blink*

*blink blink*