Friday, January 06, 2006

strange magic

- elo

i think someone's trying to put the voodoo on me. a while back (couple of years ago) addie gave me a book called, financial peace by dave ramsey. i have to admit, i only thumbed through it and never actually read it. now... that book is coming at me from all sides.

seeing as we just bought a house and neither one of us are the best when it comes to saving, i thot about that book again. i saw it in my bookcase and decided i need to look and see what it had to offer. i mean, it helped addie out, i'm sure it could do the same for us. i still never picked it up.

two days ago, i was reading another blog. a friend of addie's wrote that she had just gone to a seminar that focused on that book and author and she was already taking steps to get her finances in order. i thot, "that's strange. i just thot about that book". i told HM about it and said that i needed to take it out of the bookcase and actually read it now.

yesterday, i had to work a little late. i was joking to a user about "missing oprah" because i had to stay and fix her pc. when i got home i turned on the tv and there was a family talking about giving their kids credit cards and how stupid that was. then another couple was on, talking about their wedding expenses and asking if they should postpone blah blah blah. there was this balding man on oprah's couch, giving advice. i only caught about 15 minutes of it and when oprah said buh-bye, she thanked DAVE RAMSEY for being on the show and sharing his advice and his book, FINANCIAL PEACE!

do you believe in signs? cuz i think this one just hit me on the head and rendered me unconscious. when i come out of my comatose state... i WILL take the book out of the bookcase and read it cover to cover!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I just gave his newest book - Total Money Makeover to a friend of me and Dancing Queen's. I really wanted to buy 2 copies, one for me as well. Never too late to revisit financial issues. So yes, that book helped me. SO GO READ IT! NOW!