Friday, September 15, 2006

reading the fine print

i was reading addie's blog this morning and found out she wanted to be "the next contestant" on What Not To Wear. I am such a good friend that, of course, i submitted her application right away. you should do the same.

but just so we're clear addie, the following paragraph (from the bottom of the application) applies to you:

Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to me or received by me by reason of my participation in the program and I release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. I also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Federal, state, sales taxes - I understand, I'm the accountant. However, if I receive said prizes, et al, then I will be requesting a 1099. If I have to report my cash & prizes, then the producers get to report the giving. Death & taxes, I always say...